HybridZ

Cell phone hazards

Heavy Z

I suppose I should have said not many large service providers use it instead of making such a blanket statement as I did before. Also, are those not roaming maps? Wouldn’t that mean that these are not the main systems of the companies listed? Correct me if I’m wrong, but the major companies use the GSM network as roaming systems only, otherwise in the normal coverage area, they use their main systems.

After a few minutes and google, I found this tid-bit about major companies and the system(s) they use:

AT&T: amps, tdma & gsm

Nextel: iDen

Cingular: gsm & tdma

T-mo: gsm

sprint: cdma

verizon: cdma

alltel: cdma

us cellular: cdma

Canada:

fido/microcell: gsm

telus: cdma, amps

bell: cdma, amps

rogers att: tdma, amps, gsm

also found this bit of info on SAR, Cellular Telephone Specific Absorption Rate , for different makes and models of phones:

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/sar/

Personally, I have had both GSM and CDMA phones, and must say that from my experience, CDMA seems to be better. Unfortunately for me though, I just dropped Sprint because of their god-awful customer service, and FU attitude. I went with T-mobile, and have already noticed significant shortcomings in their network. BAH, just cant win it seems.

a late edit....just found this and thought it was a good read:

http://www.mcw.edu/gcrc/cop/cell-phone-health-FAQ/toc.html

Good info Sparky, thanks for digging in a bit. I still don't buy the logic that since this study was only done in a GSM region then other cells aren't dangerous. More tests are in order. I'd like to be optimistic, but that rat brain looks F@$%*D up enough to keep me asking questions.:D