HybridZ

Rotomaster turbo kits

Guest paul-zed

Guest paul-zed

Hi from sunny england!!!!!!!

I am restoring a 240Z, which has an F54 engine withP90 fuel injected head, the pistons are flat top with a slightly raised round area of 60mm protruding above block deck level. The engine is out and stripped ready for modifying.

I am considering fitting a rotomaster turbo from Jim Cook racing, does anyone have any experience of this system and what the pitfalls may be, or modifications required.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Have you considered swapping a complete 280ZX turbo engine instead? Seems it may be chaeaper than changing out your pistons and buying an aftermarket turbo. Just a thought as used turbo motors can be cheap and upgraded to be plenty fast.

Good luck. :cheers:

I haven't seen any recent flowcharts of Rotomaster compressors, and I don't know if their designs have been updated since the '70s. Back then they were laggy and inefficient, and using a turbo on a high compression engine, you will want the most efficient compressor you can find. Personally I would stick with fuel injection as well, so if at all possible, try to get some factory turbo parts to build that engine, like exhaust manifold, oil pan, and EFI stuff. Sorry, not much help - the Cartech stuff looks trick, but it's expensive and carburated.