HybridZ

Looking for EFI V8? Check this.

Heh, back from vacation... Spotted that motor in a new Street Rodder mag and I'm a bit curious...

first - it's not a real "ZZ430" - those are long gone. However some places like SDPC have been "making" them - pretty cool! However the cost is rude and supposedly that camshaft is a bit hairy.. My next big quesiton is this - that intake is the new RamJet thing from GM. It's being used on a pretty tame crate motor making about 350HP. I actually considered that motor for my car except for one big glaring problem - cast pistons (ugh). Now the question - GM made that motor a dead simple swap for street rodders including the ECU, it can't be programmed. How is it that SDPC is getting it to work on a ZZ430 spec motor? The ECU mounts under the intake if memory serves and has no real outputs except a check engine type thing. It's not MAF so an extra 100 or so HP should be WAY out of it's range of learning. Could they be using a different ECU and just the intake? I'd like one of those intakes :-)