HybridZ

Has anyone put a G54B engine/trans in a Z or ZX?

DAW

• 1 month later...

I was talking about doing this swap about a year ago, but I sold my conquest to a friend. This car had great performance and was over 3000 lbs. It had good top end also. To me this would have been the perfect swap. Lots of these cars are in the bone yards and being sold under 2000 dollars running. These cars are heavy weights and in a z would be a match made in heaven. They have a small turbo but come from the factory with an intercooler. Stock it was 188hp with intercooler and I believe a 7 or 10 lbs of boost. I gutted out the cats on mine and opened up the exaust with a glass packed muffler. Then added a K&N air filter. This car could have easy taken some many more mods. These cars did low 15's stock with small turbo. I also think the pistons are bigger than the 2.8 liter Z. I have been eyeing some in few places for sale. There are few companies out there that will build full race packages for these engines. I saw a video on a conquest that did 10sec pass and smoked a mustang at the strip. Well if nothing else it definately has more displacement than the 2400cc Z engine.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34218&item=2464170668