HybridZ

Coming of age...

Mikelly

So My 19 year old comes to me with this sheepish grin on his face and says... "You gonna get mad if I sell the Civic/ Ingegra swap?" And I say "Why are you selling it?" He says "Well You shouldn't have taken me for a ride in the Vette..." I just look at him and shake my head... "So you think you can afford insurance on a vette?" "Uh, no, I'm gonna start looking for a supra... Non-turbo to cut down on insurance..."

So then he tells me what he "THINKS" he can get for his 94 civic... $10,000... :lol::-D:D:shock::lol:

After I dried my eyes from laughing so hard they watered, He got pissed. I had to sit him down and explain that, yes even though he has a "Kit" on his car, and it is "Hooked up" with neons and video/ sound/ DVD and has nice 17 inch wheels with nitto tires, and an ingtegra motor with custom build stuff... and a full 2.5 inch exhaust... and a HUGE Super cool wing on the back :roll:, It is still NADA valued at $3000-3500. :lol: He wasn't grasping the concept that taking good Honda factory paint off the car and putting Maacco paint on it wasn't the best of ideas. :D

I'll report back when his car sells... I'll eat crow big time if he gets 10K for it... But I'm suspecting closer to 5K than 10K...

Mike :D

Guest goldraven

i'd say he could get at least 6k from it. i had a 92 integra that was bone stock nothing cool like his civic. and i got 4500. 2 years newer and a bunch of cool stuff might bring the price of his civic up to 6k.

If we were only born with perfect knowlege, life would be great. I continue to make every mistake in the book, and I learn from it. One of the things I have learned is that putting an engine like a VTEC Integra into a Civic gets you a great car thats fun to drive at a Civic insurance rate-just like my insurance company that knows I only have 140 horsies under the hood of my Z. Heck, I'm not even sure they even consider it a sports car. He will learn

Yeah, it's a hard lesson, but for the most part, adding a lot of aftermarket parts reduces the selling price of your car, cause you can only sell it to a small group of people who would want the mods anyway, and a lot of those people would rather do it themselves.

Still, sometimes you get lucky and another kid with even less experience and more money comes along.....

hate to be the ass of the bunch but that MKIV n/a is gonna make him go nuts.

my friend had one and it was still money for insurence and slow... im sure his civic could spank one.

yes you can turbo them and etc but thats BIG BIG bucks.

and you will never get respect from those supra guys..

if you dont make 1000rwhp, have 19in HRE wheels and AB-Flug body kit you arent "real" to there eyes.

plus it just sucks having a base model car.. :(

why not a Fc turbo 2 rx-7? no rotory lol.. ok well MK2 MR2 turbo... dont wanna be like his brother.. ok what about a Z31 Turbo but the newer ones.. like 88 or so? wont get girls with it.. ok what about.. 199(?) Subaru 2.5RS with a turbo kit? COOL CARS!

i say stay away from the n/a MKIV...

good cars but still.

can get cars with vette performance for less money then those n/a's..

mike