HybridZ

5 lug hats are done Look.!

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Hey Gang its Juan. I have been quite but trying to mentally catch up with myself from the whole aluminum hub topic. I don't know if anyone is providing these but Id like to say that I'm honored to provide you these adapters for 5 lug 300zx hubs By mid week of next week. I just came back from the shop and things are going good despite many delays .

Now when you see these you'll be like WOW. Well reason being is they are tall. Unlike the 280z hats the 300zx z31 hub site further roughly .75 inches outward.

The latest I can have you a picture is by Tuesday or Weds next week. I could have a picture today but It depends on how much time I have. I was there and forgot my camera.

Now Afshin and Yasin. Your 280zx hats are being machined with these. if anyone is interested in some good deals on any of these setups let me know. I have quite a few of these I'm ready to hang them on a wall or stack them together to create a coffee table. Stay tuned and check back today Thanks

Juan

Alright I'm back with pictures. I didn't know what to start with first the hubs or Hats. The hats it is since I have had some delayed orders and it was priority. They aren't done. By mid next week. Then on to making the .38 caliper bracket. :-D . See you next time Juan

Picture%201046.jpg

Picture%201047.jpg

This second picture needs machining underneath. It will have a much smaller diameter below and look in some ways like a rotor itself.

Picture%201052.jpg

dean.htm_txt_dean%202.gif

Special thanks goes to Brian who provided us the 5 lug hub. There arent to many Z's left out here in the yards. The last year or so many Z/cars have gone off to meet their Doom

I'm glad the point about heavy duty came up. Only what needed to be machine was machine. Notice That's why I let the parts speak for themselves. Let the pictures testify!.

Now look at the second picture above. You'll notice that large hollow center with channels for the Stock rotor bolts. Lets just say a massive light weight rotor hat for a the 5 lug has been developed. The channels leave more wall strength than making it completely hollow .

The hats get machined like this is multitude then get flipped to do the final side/step. Try not to get confused your only looking at half the work done :shock:

This hat will be compatible with z31 hubs and our upcoming aluminum 5 lug hub on 240- 280z's only. Versatile, smart, and more affordable than previously planned.

Alright when Tuesday comes around next week get ready to see the finished piece .

" It has always been in my blood. Just kicking it up a notch". Stay tuned and visit again.

It does not leave the option to have the hats available separately as well as the hubs. Sure it seems like a good idea and have been asked that before. Thanks

Juan

oh please please please visit back by tuesday as I will post a picture of the finished hat installed on the hub! I'm not playing around anymore! :shock:

Take a guess at the weight. It is 60-61.

later in the morning....

The 5 hat is 3.5 lbs roughly. I would think that is very good. This is 4 pounds lighter per corner than the 300zx toyota conversion. Based on Wilwood superlite 2a caliper and 12.19x1.25 rotor.

The regular 4 lug adapter setup is 7 pounds lighter than the 300zx toyota conversion.

• 4 weeks later...

the finished photos

Picture%201078.jpg

this pictture is shown with a .25 bracket but I do have them in .38. Notice I usded a washer to shimmy it over to fit properly.

Picture%201074.jpg

the underside getting measured with a "go plug". The only way we could get in there to get things properly machined to the hub spec. blah blah blah .

Picture%201054.jpg

the finished photos

Picture%201078.jpg

this pictture is shown with a .25 bracket but I do have them in .38. Notice I usded a washer to shimmy it over to fit properly.

Picture%201074.jpg

the underside getting measured with a "go plug". The only way we could get in there to get things properly machined to the hub spec. blah blah blah .

Picture%201054.jpg

the finished photos

Picture%201078.jpg

this picture is shown with a .25 bracket but I do have them in .38. Notice I used a washer to shimmy it over to fit properly.

Picture%201074.jpg

the underside getting measured with a "go plug" machine tot he right tolerance. The only way we could get in there to get things properly machined to the hub spec. blah blah blah .

Picture%201054.jpg