HybridZ

MS-n-S progress on the 260Z

Tony D

Today I finally got the relay box mounted.

Got a battery for the car and cranked it---engine is turning and has compression so that's good.

All of the sensors are wired except for the O2 sensor which I bought today(from an 87ZXT Z31 vehicle for the three wire self-heated setup), and already have the connector, so I can connect and wire it tomorrow.

Half of the injector wiring is in place, ready for soldering and shrink tubing installation, hopefully before the "Big Game" I can get the rest of the wiring for the injectors into place and start wiring in the injector plugs.

Man, I never thought those stupid "helping hands" alligator clip dojiggies would come in so handy, but for holding two wires absolutely in place while you solder them together they are invaluable.

Have to run the power and ground wires to the main connections on the relay board, and wiring to the fuel pump. (which is not installed yet either!)

If I can get all this sparkie crap out of the way, I can concentrate on the mechanical stuff, which is cake compared to this!

Heck, with no turn signals or even a combination switch on the steering column (stripper car I got for free!) I was amazed the thing actually rolled over when I connected the spare "cheater switch" I keep in the tool box!

Well if it cranks, I will get it to run. All I want is the thing to show me some SPARK when I crank it. If it does that, I will be ESTATIC as it means I have succeeded in the Megasquirt -n- Spark conversion. Fuel and injector flow is easy, this pure sparks and smoke stuff is difficult! LOL

Hopefully this will be done in time for MSA so I can actually drive a SHINY car to the event for once (at least for the first time in a few years!)

Thanks to those who have answered my questions on this project as they ahve arisen. WE should soon find out the 81 CAS question! :lol:

The wiring for the simple N/A version will be soooo much easier!

I figure I do this one first, and it makes the other two on the list go that much easier. This is going to be a daily driver, for short errands and etc while the N/A gets done.

The N/A will only have two injectors, which will make wiring MUCH faster! :lol:

Whoodathunkit that the stock wiring harness has 60 feet of wire for the injectors? Don't think you will wire an injector harness with only 100 feet.

But the 1200 ft I've ended up buying will probably make my job easier on the next few...