HybridZ

small block pontiac????

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys, is a 301(I think 301)pontiac the same as a sbc, as far as tranny or bell housing? I am looking at a street rod project with a pontiac clip,and drive train, but I dont want a 301. Wonders if a sbc will drop right in? Tony

------------------

My Z is unfortunatly on the back burner,due to the shop,but not to much longer!! www.speedtechcoatings.com

Tony, the trans bolt patern on the 301 is a buick, olds, pontiac only. There are some older dual bolt patern trans around that fit both chev and bop. A sbc engine will bolt into your clip if you use chevy frame mounts.

Guest Anonymous

well I am looking at a 48 chevy street rod project, it has the pontiac front clip and rear end, and the 350 th tranny.I just dont want to use the 301 motor. I have a couple of 350 sbc engines to use. just not sure about bolting them to the bop tranny bolt pattern.

------------------

My Z is unfortunatly on the back burner,due to the shop,but not to much longer!! www.speedtechcoatings.com