HybridZ

MS-n-S S1 Terminal?

Tony D

I have finished wiring the interconnect cable on the 260Z Project, and the test on the 81 CAS will probably happen Sunday Afternoon if I can get all the stuff downloaded to the ECU, and verify all the connections one last time.

I ran across a strange quirk. I know Moby's instructions call for having the MS in the same configuration as set up for the Stimulator.

This I would assume means Pin25 on the MS (Engine Ground for XG1 Jumper) would go to, obviously Pin 25 on the Relay Board, and the S1 terminal would be jumped over to Engine Ground.

Simple, huh? Not if you are like me and went ahead and USED S1 through S5 as Hot and Ground for several other items that needed to be driven off the Fuel Pump Circuit. I'd jumpered S1,2,3 together under the board with wire, and then over to Terminal 5 Fuel Pump Out, and S4,5 to Engine Ground. This allowed me to run the Fast Idle Heater, as well as the O2 Sensor Heater from S1 and S2, with S3 as a spare Switched Hot, and I used S4&5 as Ground for the aforementioned items.

So what to do with Pin 25, which is board-traced to S1? I took it out on Pin25 from the MS, and transposed the same wire not to Pin 25 at the Relay Board, but to Pin 7 (general engine ground board-traced).

I hope to Gawd this works. None of the jumpers that were supposed to go to S2, 3, 4, &5 were run from the MS box, but spares exist in the bundle to connect them if I need to do that.

Questions is... do I need those jumpers, Moby? Anyone?

I wire the Bootloader Switch tomorrow morning, and start downloading the files needed for the test....

Will read the Sticky once more, and see if I am missing anything, and keep my fingers crossed when I do the power-on and spark check. After almost two months we should hopefully know if the 81 CAS is compatible with the system as connected for an 82/83 CAS. :?

Something is working. Cranked it today, and actually got spark.

Amazing! :D

Now I have to put everything else in to the car (like interior, fuel tank, fuel pump, radiator, etc!) and wait for the "big day" when I can actually hear it run, and not just fantasize about how great it will sound... :lol: