HybridZ

drive train length

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

is a 2+2 longer than a not 2+2 car

i was wondering if the jtr kit would even

work on a 2+2 is the drive shaft longer?

is this car even worth the hassle??????

uuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2+2's are a bit longer. However, you would have to get a custom length drive shaft anyway, regardless of which body style you choose. Is it worth it? I like to think of it like this... after years of building L26 and L 28 motors and being disapointed with the results, you simply can't afford doing something else in that engine bay... At a bare minimum turbo it! My preference of course would be to have you throw a ford motor in it, document and patent the kit and get everything on the market by the time I get the convertible ready for the motor...

I'm selfish...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

LOL, Mike I don't think the Ford swap will be too bad after you've done a Chevy motor and I can try to hook you up with a guy here in the area that has done it when you get that far. He's got a car in his shop now languishing that already has a 302 in it with a T5 using stock style shorty headers. Trouble is getting hold of this guy - he's tough to nail down and I've got skimpy contact info.

As for doing a 2+2... I personally don't like the 2+2 bodystyle but last I checked you're not building a car to suit me! If you like the car by all means build it! If nothing it'll be different. As Mike stated above - the driveshaft has to be custom made no matter what, the rest of the swap should be just like doing a 2 seater Z (shrug). It's worth doing if it's what you want, we'll answer your questions regardless of wether or not we care for the bodystyle you choose :-) Oh and I'd use a Chevy motor. I'm a Ford guy but the SBC swap is well documented and IMO the trans choices are better if you with a stick. T56 transmissions for the Ford are more expensive although the cheaper T5 will work with either motor. Go buy the JTR book, read it, read it again, read it again, and then you'll know what's involved be it Ford or Chevy that you put between the fenders!

Good Luck!