HybridZ

front air dams

Guest rxsvn

Hi guys. I'm not quite sure how to explain this, but Ive got a question on front air dams. It seems that some come down at an angle in front of the tire while others come straight down, perpendicular to the road. If I knew how to post pics Id find a couple.. Anyone know what Im talking about?

Yes, the ones that come straight down can properly be referred to as Aid Dams.

The ones that slant forward are a derivative of a spoiler.

The spoiler type will direct more air into the engine bay through the radiator openeing than the air dam.

For top speed purposes the air dam is what you want. For everyday use and not speeding, I prefer the urethane spoiler type assenbly that replaces the valence parts.

I'm not quite sure how to explain this, but Ive got a question on front air dams. It seems that some come down at an angle in front of the tire while others come straight down, perpendicular to the road. If I knew how to post pics Id find a couple.. Anyone know what Im talking about?

I don't know what your question is, but did anybody answer it?

Guest Zachb55

there are many many different air dams to choose from, MSA carries one of the larger selections with pretty good quality materials. i have one of their FG spoilers. youll find some of the products they offer at the link below:

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=7APP

you should be able to find some of what your looking for in there.

-Zach