HybridZ

Interior Experts

Nismo280zEd

Since everything else is custom i figured it's time to do the interior. Seeing as i have done little in my interior I was hoping somebody on here might be an expert in this area.

I'm looking to add more gagues say two above the center three right there.. but i want a nice clean factory look. of course it's not factory but i want everything to match like it was.

Also i'm gonna re-do my counsel again, this time lots of nice curves, arm rest, cupholders, etc. Need ideas on molding this... maybe foam, cut and shape then fiberglass? or maybe chicken wire and fiberglass?

also.. I want to create new door panels to put some speakers in, maybe a pocket, etc. and add some interior lights that actually serve a purpose.

any tips, tricks, techinques, gladly apreciated.

-Ed

im no expert but i know foam works very well. then lay matt fiberglass over it. sand / bondo and make her nice and smooth then paint. http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi this web page has a lot of interior custom fabing info and the guys seem to know a lot on the subject. there are some pro's that give info aswell in there. i would suggest you search the forum.

Speakers would be nice in the door panels too, tilted toward the seats or something. I was gonna do this but didn't have room because of my seats and the rollcage. Hmmm, maybe I need some of those really flat speakers...

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/ces200420.htm

In the interest of adding gauges, I'm adding them to the door panels above the arm rests.

I'd like to see pics of the console you've made.

Owen