HybridZ

Attractive 1st gen 2+2?

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Until now, I didnt really think the words attractive, and 2+2 could be used in the same sentence, however, I have been pondering the idea and have a few questions...

What is the first year that there was a 2+2?

Anyone have a pic of an attractive 2+2?

Has anyone seen a rear side window from a 2 custom fitted into a 2+2?

What are the primary differences between a 2+2 and a 2? (especially in consideration of a V8 manual trans swap)

Finally, any reason to avoid a 2+2?

What is the first year that there was a 2+2?

I believe '74.

Anyone have a pic of an attractive 2+2?

Seen a few' date=' but they need sutle modifications to look good IMO. Stock just looks a little goofy to me. I'll see if I can find one on my computer and post the picture later. Akzeim (sp?) on here has a very clean white 2+2 with some nice 5 spoke wheels, good lookin' 2+2 :2thumbs:.

What are the primary differences between a 2+2 and a 2? (especially in consideration of a V8 manual trans swap)

2+2 has a longer wheelbase and is heavier than the coupe. Also the 2+2 has a little better aerodynamics than the coupe.

Finally, any reason to avoid a 2+2?

Weight and goofy looks (stock).

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Thanks indeed for sharing. I still dont like the looks of the rear side window, I think that extra corner just throws off the body lines. Thanks for sharing the great shots, now I have something to look at.

Hmm. Will I be the first to have a V8 2+2 with a baby seat in the back? :D

Sorry mate, Beat you to the baby seats in the back thing. I have a 77 2+2 v8 z. Its in the final stages of body work right now. I have thought a lot about the rear shape of the 2+2 and of why it looks funny. I dont think that the window shape is the problem. It more a case of the metel above the window getting thicker as you move backward. This make the car look visually heavy in the rear. My car had a lot of rust above the hatch so I altered the roof line at the corners so the transition from roof to hatch is smoother and more like the coupe. I have also removed the drip rails. I think it looks much better. I have toyed with the idea of blacking out all the chrome around the windows and even using the same paint above the windows a little to make the roof look like its part of the window and will visually narrow the thickness of the roof at the rear. The other thing I have done is make a new rear spoiler that hangs of the back a bit more then most. This lenghthens thecar and makes the roof blend in a bit more. There are some old photo in my personal album.

Cheers

Douglas

Well Someday I want to get a 2+2 I am not a fan of the side windows at all though. What I would do with the car if it were mine would be to lean towards a mustang fastback. If any of you have followed the ebay mustang fastback buildup the custom vents is what I would replave the side windows with. I would have sheet metal to cover the window openings and have the custom vents to fill in that area and break up the dead space. Once that was done I think the car would be dead sexy. Anyone care to photoshop some :)