HybridZ

700R4 TV Cable System Setup

danj

I have an 83ZX with a 383 Stroker engine and performance rebuilt late 80's type 700R4 tranny.

I've searched the threads but couldn't find any detailed information on how to install and setup the TV system for this tranny. I know a lot of Hybrid Zer's are running this trans so it must be do-able and affordable.

I am running Edelbrock Pro Flo EFI.

Any help on setting up this TV system/tranny would be greatly appreciated. Trying to avoid some of the pitfalls I read in some of the threads.

Thanks,

Dan H.

You are wise to get it right to begin with- a tranny can be ruined in one hard run when they are wrong.

Edelbrock should have the pieces and instructions available for their FI setup. The cable attachment at the throttle shaft is critical as to distance from the shaft, and also for angularity.

Bowtie overdrives sells a kit (for carburetors)... their site might give you a bit more info. http://www.tvmadeez.com/

Thanks for the replies and link to the Bowtie site. Bowtie has an excellent site that is easy to navigate and very informative. They do have the TV kit for the Edlebrock 3507 EFI system along with some other parts that should make life easier for running the 700R4.

Dan H.