HybridZ

CAGS eliminator for T56

Tim240z

I know all that is needed is a resistor to mimick the solenoid. Does anyone know the resistor value. I have a bag full of resistors left over from the MegaSquirt build and hate to have to buy a skip shift eliminator if it's as simple as a resistor? Anyone?

Mike,

I have completely eliminated the solenoid from the T56 in the 240Z, but I'm wondering if it's pissing off the PCM? I've found the car surging when shifting to 2nd, and it doesn't clear up for 30 seconds or so...almost like it's running low on fuel. But then it clears up and pulls like a freight train!! I also have a 94 Z28 and that skip shift really gets annoying!!! It forces me to RPM it from 1st to 2nd!! Oh well....I do it anyways!!! :D:D:D

But the Mongoose's surging is a bit annoying. I just want to eliminate the CAGS as a possibility. IT has all new plugs and MSD 8.5mm wires. I hope it's not the opti!! Although I doubt it as it clears up nicely and then pulls hard under load! I can break the tires loose at will, in any gear up to 5th!!

Tim

Nah Mike, no aftermarket harness....IMHO, those are a complete and utter waste of $$$$. After rewiring my Z (240), it's so easy that I can see how these places selling aftermarket harness are just making $$$ hand over fist!!!

Yeah, for a 20c resistor, it's definitely worth a shot!!