HybridZ

The last hurrah of my 240zt (or is it???)

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

*sigh* man I'm started to feel like a real flake... indecision getting me again. And now my wife is really sweating me to NOT sell the car. She got her tax refund today and we went car shopping to replace her been-run-into-the-ground Honda Prelude. And right off the bat she found this '93 Geo Prizm that she really likes (turns out a Prizm is just a slightly face lifted Corolla... who woulda guessed? Anyways Corolla's are tops in my book for sure). Anyways I wasn't expecting the refund for at least another few weeks.... government actually exceeding expectations? WOW :shock: ! So she's saying there's no problem on holding off on selling the prelude, keeping that around as a backup while I get my car fixed... and fixed... and fixed....

Aint it a trip?? A wife who actually wants to keep the Z more than the husband? Look I know I'm a wuss for even asking but man guys help me out here really what should I do? You guys know better than anyone except for myself and my wife, just how much sh*t this car has had go wrong and how many times I've been stuck because of it, but also how much I've put into it. I know I'm the only one who can decide... but man any input right now... well... you know. I'm a gemini man I'm always split in two on this crap... gettin ready to let a flipped coin decide!

I think a lot of us would like to see you keep the Z just so we can continue to follow your story. :) It would be interesting to see just what went wrong with your engine. Maybe it'll be cheap and simple! :roll: Maybe not. :( I think it's worth a shot to find out what caused the leak and to see if there's any other damage. You've put a lot of time and money in the car so why not invest a little more? You have many of the bugs worked out. I say go for it!

Chuck

Well, I've already stated that I'm an interested buyer (I'm definitely going buy another 240 before May), but after following the saga of everything you've gone through, I have to agree that you should hang on to it after all of the blood, sweat, tears and frustration. Man, you are so close to having that puppy dialed-in. You've put too much into it to walk away now. I know I'd have a hard time selling. ...and the timing of the tax return is perfect.

Now, having said that, I'm still interested if you make up your mind to cut it loose... :D

Guest bastaad525
I think a lot of us would like to see you keep the Z just so we can continue to follow your story. :)

ROFL has it been that amusing?!?!? yeah it has been a long story that's for sure! Really I wonder though is it that I really have more problems than most, or just that I"m so quick to come whine to you guys about it... I think most of the guys on here have had as many problems as me but they already know how to handle them so never need to post about them.

Wagz - man I really appreciate that. It means more to me to have that come from someone who is a prospective buyer... I really appreciate that you still say exactly what you think about it and can put yourself in my shoes... really cool dude I mean that. I really don't want to piss anyone off by just pulling the rug out like that... but then again even if I sold it I can only sell to one person right? So there's gonna be however many other dissapointed guys anyways. That's me I'm a sap though I always feel bad about stuff like that (go ahead make another crack Tim :D ). Well... I'm still 'on the fence' at the moment, as Tim put it. Seeing what other offers may come in, as far as trades go (lots of hondas being offered... yick), and seeing what other cars I may be able to find for about the price that I'm asking. My wife just threated to take my pinkslip and hide it though..... :shock: