HybridZ

Forum Locked?

EvilRufusKay

Thanks Guys.

I posted the question before the announcement came out. The thread I was trying to respond to started as a sale but after I bought the item it has become a discussion about me installing the kit and my attempt to make some molds. Maybe someone would be kind enough to move it to the Body Kit Forum?

Here is the thread:

http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=30782

Thanks Again!!

Rufus

Guest comeandzpa

I can understand the point of this, I have seen a lot of B/S/T threads go awry. However, I have often found responses from others to be useful in such threads. Sometimes members have been hesitant to buy something from far away because they cant see it. In these cases, a member closer to the seller sometimes goes to check out the part for the interested buyer, and can give them an idea as to what condition it is in and if it would be a worthwhile buy. Also, in the WTB threads, there are sometimes multiple responses, providing a list of similar items for sale if anybody else is looking for the same thing. Just something to think about.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I know my post in the B/S/T forum sure went bonkers. I think that is a good idea. Too bad we cant delete some of the replies we get :roll:

Guest comeandzpa

Oh don't get me wrong, I certainly think some posts (or posters) could be taken off the site and it would be for the best. Also, after thinking about it, since all of the threads are archived anyone who wants a ___ could just search for it in the forum, and wouldn't have to worry about random inappropriate threads coming up instead of what he's looking for. I guess it'll just take some time to get used to, thats all.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I just thought of one issue with that... is the seller able to edit or delete their thread when the item has been sold? Otherwise no one will have any way to know that it has been sold...

I understand the concern about Buy/sell threads turning into large discussions, and I know that the size of this site must be difficult to manage, but I think locking out responses is too extreme of a measure.

Posting questions and answers for everyone to see prevents a lot of repeat questions to the seller, and I think it is too valuable of a tool to do away with. Off topic discussions should get deleted, but I understand that the site administrators don't have time to censor everything. Still, I'd like to see the threads unlocked so that on-topic questions and answers could be posted.

Thanks for keeping up the best site on the internet!

Guest bluex_v1

Can it be configured for the originator of the B/S/T post to reply to his or her own thread, but no one else?

Some people may not think of going back to edit or delete their original post, but may think of adding a reply to post more info, a pic, etc or to say the item has sold.

Not a big deal, but it may help keep things running smoother.