HybridZ

3.0 turbo: what exhaust

Guest tankglh21

Guest tankglh21

hey guys,

i am newbie to the "Z" scene. i have a just about bone stock '84 300zx. 3.0 turbo. the car has 2 1/2" on it right now but the muffler is all blown out. any suggestions on what i should run? are there any companies out there that have mandrel bent systems for our cars? there is no cat on this car and tomorrow i am getting a dynomax race magnum bullet from my buddy and i am welding it on. what are you guys running? when i had my shelby glh, there was a company that even made a 3 inch mandrel bent system for it, is there any companies like that for the z's?

Guest tankglh21

yeah thats me the attention getter, lol. around here i could probably get away with no muffler :twisted: but a buddy of mine sold me a brand new dynomax bullet for 10 dollars so i couldnt pass that up. did you have to take it to a shop to get the system bent up or is there a company that makes exhaust systems for our cars?

It's all custom, done in my garage. Don't know if any one make anything for the Z31's that is 3", which is all I would put on a turbo car. But for what alot of after market companies ( HKS, Greddy, ect) charge you could buy a welder, mandrel bends, and tube and come out about even. I've had exhaust done in the past though. Just tell them what YOU want.

• 1 month later...