HybridZ

Anybody know how to decode a VIN?????

Poundz9oh9

Hey guys, I got this car I'm looking at but can't go see it in person yet and want to know if it's even worth my time as I only need some misc parts from it. It's an 87 300ZXT 5sp and the VIN is JN1CZ14S9HX1S2367. Does this thing have the LSD underneath it? I thought I read somewhere that only 4/87 and up had the LSD. I know VB has the VIN decoder in it but I don't have my books here with me where I'm at. Can anybody shed some light on this for me? TIA!!

Marcus

Well, I'm looking at my VB book here, but it doesn't say anything about the LSD... I would suspect it may have one, seeing as it's the turbo.. Although from what I see, that car would have been built sometime in early to mid 86. (I assume your 1S2367 is actually 152367. A 5 and S look almost the same sometimes on a little VIN tag..) I'm not sure..

Does anyone know for sure what year the LSD's started going in these things?

Guest comeandzpa

I know that there is a VIN decoder on the first or second page of the MSA catalogue. I thought it was also online, but I can't seem to find it.

Ok, production date is 2/87, the car is white with tan leather interior but the guy doesn't know if it's the special edition or not. I'm assuming that wouldn't be possible to not know if it were a special edition considering that there would be badges stating it everywhere , am I right?

Marcus