HybridZ

need advice on nissan swap

chucky

Im working on a second swap, but this is on my truck (pathfinder). Im looking to swap a diesel into my path. I do some offroad, and lots of towing. I tought of a 3.8 buick but I would rather have toe power of a diesel. there isnt enough room for a 350 with out major surgery. I just drove my bosses turbo diesel today (its awsome) does nissan make a diesel off of the vg30 block?

nissan makes a few deisels that I know of. I dont know about V type engines, but they make some nice I6 engines. One of them is an LD28, it came in the 1981 to 1984 nissan maximas. its the engine that everyone grabs the crankshaft out of for thier 3.1L stroker motors. I have heard of people turbo-ing the deisel motor with good results. Another option is an SD33. they came in some international scouts in the late 70's and early 80's. there was also a turbo version for this motor. I would think that the SD would be the best bet. plus, Its got .5 motre liters and some have a stock turbocharger, not to mention people are still using them in industrial applications so parts are available. thye also made some 4 cylinder deislels that came in pickups in the early 80's, they were the SD25 and SD22. hope this helps, somewhat

McAdam

Guest Red_Devil

What year is your path? if you really want to spend the money on a swap you could look into the vg30de, or det ,dett.It would be less of a head ach.

now does your path have the a KA24E ,or the VG30I?

my path is a 91, I dont think the dual cam vg or the turbos will fit without major surgery, then it would be easier to drop in a 350 chevy. I think Im going to try a supercharged buick. I have a complete 231 from a regel and Im going to try to fit the supercharger and FI from a ssi. Its not a diesel but should have some moer power than the vg30.

In that case i would use the 3.8 GM, cheap and easy, popular swap in Aus for older pickups. As for Nissan VG30 or 33 I have one as standard in mine and it is pig to change oil filters and had to pull engine because of broken exhaust manifold studs( poor quality, undersized ). Neil

Im going to use the 3.8, they make the adapter for the transfercase. but if I endup doing the front axle swap Im going to use a gm transfercase. I almost bought a JDM vg30 Im just sick of timingbelts and the cost of part on the vg, and don't ever get me started about sparkplug changers