HybridZ

Engine Storage - Kinda

So I went to put my engine on my stand when I realized my brother has it with my old 360 mounted to it. So I tried making a temporary one out of a dolly and a couple of old tires. After about an hour of messing around with it I turned around and thought "Man I think its gonna tip over!" So as I tried to wheel my lift over to it ( Casters are SHOT) I bumped the tire and .....there she goes!! Oil & coolant everywhere!! Disgusted I left it laying on its side. Does anybody think it will hurt it? I covered it up like a dead dog and went home. I would rather not touch it again until I go to paint it and reinstall. Unless I find a bag of money somewhere so I can buy my LS1!!! :D

Whatever damage you inflicted probably happend when it hit the floor (or will happen when you try to pick it up). Can't see how not moving it could hurt.

I would, however, pull all the spark plugs before I would crank it over again. If one of the cylinders fills with some type of fluid, well let's just say I know first hand that the starter motor on a Chevy 396 has enough torque to bend a rod on a cylinder that is full of fuel from a stuck float and an electric fuel pump.