HybridZ

What type of hose should I use for turbo oil drain.

Sean73

I need some 5/8" ID hose for my turbo oil drain, and need recommendations. The local industrial hose supplier has silicon hose (rated at 350 deg) for $6.00/ foot, and regular oil line (rated at 212 deg) for $1.75/ft. Both hoses seem inadequate to me, but I would like to hear your thoughts. My turbo is a hybrid T3/T04e, which is also water-cooled. The stock drain pipe is not an option for me. I need something that will work with a hose clamp. Thanks.

Sean

73 240Z, L28ET, T3/T04E, NPR IC, Z31 ECCS

(almost ready to fire up)

I just got back from lunch after looking for the same exact thing.

My decision was to go with the silicone hose and call it a day. The silicone hose is what many manufacturers use for oil filter relocation & oil coolers. The temperature range is more than acceptable, and as a drain hose, it won't be seeing any pressure. Just stay away from heater hose.

Ive had a heater hose on my drain back for a year now with no issues and reused the factory hose clamp, works well, but a high pressure hose will replace it. Silicone is best for that hose, but the factory hose is rubber also.