HybridZ

Joel's RB Plenum finished

240Z Turbo

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Hey I was wondering if you would be willing to build something like that for my RB conversion. I have a few Ideas in mind but it looks like we are on the same track.. Do you have the ability to run that setup on a flow bench? If not I can get it done.. I was considering this one but I am not sure if it is any more eff.

http://www.jspec.com/trusrbinplum.html

I think the VS idea will help out a ton...

Either PM me or post to this thread, sorry to hijack it if I did..

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff, I am always willing if the price is right. I am doing this for Joel very cheap to help promote my new website:

http://www.speedshopthagard.com

I have about 8hrs into it thus far with about 2 remaining. The VS's are said to add 3-5% flow. If you look at the Jun and other fancy RB26 intakes they all utilize velocity stacks on the inside. I made an intake for an SR20DET'd RX7 with a similar design and it laid down 585hp@wheels with no head porting and went 10.5@139.2.

vs1.jpg

Guest Aguyandaredhead

So PM me so we can talk price. I have someone who is going to be making me a SS header to move the turbo up top and flow a little better than the stock setup. If you are interested I might be willing to let the same person do both if they are interested. I am not sure how to make that happen without the car in your shop but maybe there is a way. Well I am in no big hurry and would be glad to help promote your site as well as I will be posting dyno numbers before I make the intake and header swap and after I get the Haltech E11v2 dialed. Just let me know I have been following your posts for some time and I must say I am impressed. Also do you have access to any type of flow testing either per runner or total? I noticed on your site you are a Garrett dealer do you think the GT25 would be a logical upgrade after I get all the little details worked out and am ready to start making boost changes?

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff,

The GT25R's we will be using on Joel's car are not the standard GT25R turbos. These utilize the T04S compressor housing with a 48-trim GT compressor wheel that flows 44 lbs/min as opposed to 26 lbs/min of the stock GT25R turbo. This setup provides good spool characteristics of smaller turbos, but will support about 900hp. What I can offer is to make two headers when Joel's car comes to town. His will be made from 321SS using the fancy merge collectors. The header will be in the $1500 range as the material is about $1000. I do not need the car to do the intake manifold. When it is almost complete I can send it to you and you can mark the final angles for the throttle body and send it back to me. The intake is not hard to make, it is just somewhat labor intensive. It will cost about $750 to do the intake manifold and modify the fuel rail. That will include the powder coating as well. You just need to give me 2-3 weeks on the intake manifold. Send me an e-mail if you are interested.

• 3 weeks later...