HybridZ

What turbo do I have??

Guest wolfztech04

Guest wolfztech04

Hey guy's I've got another quick question for you. What Turbo comes on the 83' 280ZXT? Is it a Garrett? T3? What is the compressor trim and exhaust turbine housing A/R? I have a T3 turbo from a Ford T-bird TC. Are they similar turbo's? Thanks again.

Guest wolfztech04

So the turbo is a T3, does the exhaust housing have the same bolt patterns as the Ford T3? Because I found a DP from ATR performance that fits the SVO mustang. It has a T3. The only problem is that it is on the passenger side of the car, the housing is mounted upside down compared to the Z. If I could get them or someone to modify the DP I could use it on the Z but only if the bolt patterns are the same. Any info would be really appreciated. Here is the link to their page.

http://www.atrperformance.com/index.php?cPath=1_9&ATRid=cd4d48980b422d19d51a088f8e688fd0

Yes they are both T3's. Fords use a different bolt pattern on the WG housing and DP. You could swap turbine housings but I wouldn't. $411 is way too much for a DP IMO. You could buy a welder and do it yourself for about the same money. Making a flange isn't to hard. If you don't have a place to do it. I'd get some one to make you a flange, bolt it on and go get 3" exhaust.