HybridZ

Advise on 6AN fuel line to hard-line on 01 camaro tank

LS1240Z

I'm running a fuel tank out of a 01 Camaro and trying to convert the stock camaro fuel lines to a 6AN braided line.Is there a company that makes a adapter for it or some kind of adapter that snaps on to the plastic feed line that can thread to my 6AN line?Thanks for the help

DSC00432.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Summit sells hard line to braided SS line or flexible line adaptors but these are for metal line. Maybe they sell the same type of fitting for plastic line. I would probably try one of those fittings on the plastic line and pressure test it and see how it holds. I'm sure some one here will tell you that is a horrible idea and it will probably explode and kill innocent women and children but hey that's just me. Techs at Summit and Jeggs are usually pretty good. Mark

Both of my local open late, cheapo autoparts stores (Autozone and Advanced) sell both Ford and GM "new style" fluid connection parts. They have fittings, tubing, etc.

What I did was buy a piece of the specially flared tubing (both ends flared) and cut it in half. That got me from GM wierdnes to standard hard tube. To that I attached regular ferrule style tube fittings adapted to flare tube. But I could just as easily have used a ferrule to AN fitting.

Also, the fuel filter has one end with the wierd fitting that can attach to the nylon stuff, and the other end female flare tube threaded. I modified the nylon tube that goes to the sender by cutting it, and then bending it 90*. My fact serv. manual had desc. - you boil the tubing for a while and it gets somewhat pliable. So I got it into a reasonable approximation of the bend I needed. The boil trick also helps when putting a barbed fitting in the nylon which is how I went with the return line back to sender - barbed fitting from HomeDepot right into the nylon that had the correct fitting for the sender on the other end.

For my fuel rail return line (99 fuel rail), which is just a vapor return really, it turned out that a plain old airtool fitting worked perfectly.