HybridZ

Am I going to be able to fit a 255 tire in here? (pics)

Guest bluex_v1

Guest ON3GO
blah who needs powersteering!!! i have 255's up front with short steering knuckles and no power steerings...

So when did you drive the Hulk to figure that out? :lol::D

!M!

I hate you

Guest ON3GO
I hate you

*sounds of a cat hissing* :D

I was just playin' Mike :wink:

!M!

HAHAHA i no man.. it just hurts to hear the truth :(

Mike

Guest bluex_v1
they are 17x9' date=' +23mm offset on z31 hubs. [/quote']

Hello!!

Did you change the lug nut pattern on your z car? Also, I noticed you said they are +23 offset, do you know what the actual rear backspacing is? I am currently shopping for rims is the reason I ask. Since you have already made a working combo, its great not to do the trial and error myself.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have them handy to measure right now...but you can plug the figures into one of several online calculators and get your answer. They are on z31 hubs though, which stick out somewhere around .75" further than stock (there's a post on here where a member took pics with a measuring tape to compare them if you want that figure too). They end up sticking out a little too far for me. I am going to end up using a small spacer and flaring.

(been too lazy lately to make any pic-worth progress)

I have my suspension setup to run 17X9" wheel in the rear and 17X8" wheel in the front. I needed to install coilovers front and back. I had to use a 8" spring in the rear to keep the spring perch above the wheel for added clearence. This was all done to be able to stuff 17X9" wheel under unflared fenders. I wanted the body to be left looking unaltered.

Would you happen to have any pics of your coilover setup in the rear?

I just wanna see how much the spring is tucked up under the strut.

Thanks!!!

Guest bluex_v1
They end up sticking out a little too far for me. I am going to end up using a small spacer and flaring.

The rims end up sticking out too far? Front or rear?

Thanks!!!

Yes. Both. Fronts almost fit with the z31 hubs. The turning radius would be impeded somewhat though, and fender lips would definitely have to be rolled. I wasn't comfortable with the amount of clearance because I'm lowering a good bit. With a close to stock ride height and stiff springs, I think it might be possible though because the tire would be less likely to get stuffed. (but still at the cost of turning radius)

With a different wheel offset, the rear wheels probably could have snuggly fit under the 8 inch coilover perch at stock ride height. It would be really damn close though.

Crappy pics - http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/548074

how thick are the honda wheel adapters?

Guest bluex_v1

I don't really know how much lower it is because I think my springs were probably original and saggy. I'm guessing 2 inches in front, about .5 inch less in the back in those pics.

I have dropped it some more since then because I am flaring and cutting out the wheel arch, but it will keep a little rake to reduce lift hopefully...and look mean :twisted:

They are 255/40r17 yokohamas.

thanks

Guest JAMIE T
I don't have them handy to measure right now...but you can plug the figures into one of several online calculators and get your answer. They are on z31 hubs though, which stick out somewhere around .75" further than stock (there's a post on here where a member took pics with a measuring tape to compare them if you want that figure too). They end up sticking out a little too far for me. I am going to end up using a small spacer and flaring.

(been too lazy lately to make any pic-worth progress)

Check out my post on "Possible new Product Development..."

I'm making new aluminum hubs that are 5 lug with the OE S30 offset. So, you can get five lug fronts and have you wheel set in @1/2" compared to the Z31 hub. I say 1/2" since my set-up will use a one piece Cobra 13" rotor/hat.

• 2 months later...
With those Honda wheel adaptors' date=' you are lucky to find wheels that are 8" wide and no bigger diameter than 17". When I was looking for wheels for my car, I searched many, many sites trying to find a wheel that was 16X9" or 17X9" and there is none in the Honda bolt patern. You would need to go to custom wheels, which is big $$$$ or change over to a five lug setup.

[/quote']

Bringing up an old post, but I was searching and decided to ask here vs. starting a new topic.

Anyway, stock 240-280 Z lug pattern is 4x114mm or 4x4.5" right? I noticed that Centerline offers some of their 17" rims in 8" and 9" widths and with the 4x4.5" lug pattern. I think that is the route I am going to take. Hopefully they'll have the correct backspacing I need without using spacers.

Does anyone have any input on this?

Thanks for the help guys!!

I am running 16x8 centerlines with coilovers and 5" BackSpacing. I have ~1/4" to spare on the inside and ~1/8 on the fender side.....

Cool beans Tim. Are you running the same wheel/tire combo for the front and rear? What size tire(s) are you running?

Lasty, off-topic, what rear spoiler do you have? Does MSA sell it? If so, which one is it?

Thanks again!!

I noticed that Centerline offers some of their 17" rims in 8" and 9" widths and with the 4x4.5" lug pattern. I think that is the route I am going to take.

Just a FYI, but Centerline will not sell a 17" wheel that is wider than 8" with the stock 4 lug setup. If you wanted to go 9"+ wide with the 17" wheel, then you would need to switch to 5 lug.

!M!

Just a FYI' date=' but Centerline will not sell a 17" wheel that is wider than 8" with the stock 4 lug setup. If you wanted to go 9"+ wide with the 17" wheel, then you would need to switch to 5 lug.

!M![/quote']

Good info, I think 8" will be enough for me though.