HybridZ

LT1 4L60 or T56 in 240z

I am about to do the swap in my 1972 240z. I use to own 2 1977 z-cars in the past with 383/T350trans. But in this car I want a more modern engine. I like auto because they are faster in the 1/4 mile, but I have been told that the 4l60 does not fit good in the 240z. does anyone know how the 4L60 and t56 fit in the 240z cars with the JTR mounts?

Thnaks

Mike

I used the 4l60E on the back of the LS1. The 4l60E is big, but nothing the sledge won't take care of. This was my first coversion and after reading the JTR manual I just thought you were suppose to beat it until it fits. I beat the tunnel, then fitted the tranny, beat, then fit, beat well you get the idea. I really can't tell from the inside, carpet and all covers well. The thing I miss is being able to hold it in a gear. The 4l60E is computor controled and shifts at will, and to soon for my liking. It could probley be LS1 or LT1 edited to suite. :rolleyes: