HybridZ

LS1 Install

I took the 280Z28 to a place in Irving, TX , http://www.lanesperformance.com They do custom engine installs, exhaust work, wholesale wheels & tires, etc. I wanted them to quote on converting erxhaust from 2.5" to 3.5". $500!

The good news, however, was their reaction to the LS1 install in the car. They couldn't say enough good things about it. Of particular interest, however, was their impression of the modified torque-tube transmission to differential mount. They must have looked at it 4 or 5 times each time commenting on how slick it was. I took some photos of the underside with a disposable camera so I'll have to have them develped. Underside is really bsuy though so the details will be non-existent.

For you guys going for headers with 1 3/4" primaries - stay after it. That will help your performance.

Well, yes and no.

JCI made the torque tube arrangement on my car but it apparently is a one-of-a-kind. After developing it John felt it was too complicated and expensive - lots of little parts and complicated shapes - so he re-eingineered the kit with a more conventional cross member.

It sure is impressive though!