HybridZ

Primer/base/clear quantities?

Brad-ManQ45

For those of you who have done this...

Full ground up and total stripping of paint inside and out.

How much primer to buy? HF HVLP gun for primer

Will probably use Zero Rust underneath and on interior. ZR says 1 gal = 288 sq. feet at 3 mils. I figure a gallon would be more than enough for interior and underneath.

Verdict is still out on using Zero Rust on exterior/engine bay and letting sit for a while before scuffing and topcoating, or using epoxy. Should I ccount on a gallon here?

What about bc/cc quantities for exterior/engine bay/jambs? 3 qts bc and a gallon of cc? primer will be white and I'm shooting a light/bright yellow...If I paint it myself will get a Sharps Platinum HVLP...

TIA,

Brad

A little off topic..... Did you have your car dipped or blasted, and how much did it cost you? I'm having mine dipped, and they want almost a grand. I've been wondering the same thing about the paint quantities. I'd also be interested to hear how long it takes to primer the whole unibody inside and out. There's a million tight little spots to paint!

I will be using Rolox discs to take off paint, and a lot of elbox grease on the interior. I do have a pressure sandblaster, but won't use it inside the car at all, and no real need outside except for crossmembers and suspension cleanup before painting them.

The sandblaster is more for cleaning up the rotisserie after I have it welded up before painting it - I only clean the areas that I am welding. The metal has been sitting for a while and has some surface rust.

I have been told that 2 qts of DP should handle engine compartment and exterior. Then a gallon of primer/filler.

Since I wil be spraying yellow, I'll probably get 2 qts of DP40 for the first coats and 1 qt of DP48 and reduce it and use as a sealer over the primer/filler. White will be a much better base for the yellow, don't you think?