HybridZ

storring cam shafts

I recently visited a fellow hot rodder, he had several used and new cams stored in plastic trash bags in his attic, he went to get one for a engine build only to find all the cams totally rusted even though the had sprayed each with oil before placing them in the plastic bag before sealing it with a rubber band,

Ive got dozens of new and used cams Ive stored over the years, every once inawhile you find a business closing or a big sale so I tend to buy them in groups if I know the grind numbers and can use them and if the price is right! youll be surprized at the prices you sometimes can get!

heres how to do it correctly

(1)buy a length of 2" PVC PIPE

(2) cut it in to 24" lengths

(add a GLUE ON CAP TO ONE END) (LABLE CONTENTS ON SIDE WITH MAJIC MARKER)( then TAPE CAM CARD TO TUBE ON OUTSIDE of the PVC pipe but INSIDE a PLASTIC ZIP LOC BAG)

(drop cam inside, cover with qt of NEW oil add TIGHTLY SCREWED IN PLACE BLACK RUBBER CAP WITH RADIATOR CLAMP)

STAND it vertically ON PVC CAP END, USE SEVERAL BUNGEE CORDs TO FASTEN TO END OF WORK BENCH

TOTAL COST LESS THAN $20 FOR 5-10 CAM STORAGE CONTAINERS

BTW

I just pulled out a bbc #3959180 ZL1 cam I stored in 1973 according to the tag to give to a friend that could no longer find that particular cam for sale, just to let you guys know it looked brand new today, thats 30 plus years in storage!!!!