HybridZ

TechEdge WBO2 meter installed, pics.

Guest Peyman88zxt

Guest Peyman88zxt

Got mine assembled a while ago, but it stopped working after two hours. I tried to fix it but I had ran out of patience and time. I sent it back for warranty and it came back yesterday. I was running insanely rich at 18 psi (9.5 afr), no wonder I had missfires everyonce in a while. Funny how big of a difference 30 minutes of road tuning with a wideband can make as opposed to 6 months with a narrowband.

Don't remember if I posted when I finished assembling the unit or not, but here's the link to the page I made when I first finished it.

My WBO2 page

display1.jpg

I guess I'll take out the narrowband, although the WBO2 does have an output to run the narrowband as well.

display2.jpg

My poorly routed cable wrapping a more poorly made faceplate for the XM tuner.

xm.jpg

Nice, I ordered the tech edge unit, just waiting for it to arrive. Have you used the logging feature yet? There is some pretty neat software for the megasquirt that also takes input from the tech edge I believe. It then plots out AFR, rpm, etc on one nice graph.

Guest Peyman88zxt

No, not yet. Haven't really found the need to. If you get in a high gear things slow down enough to be able to road tune the e6k it pretty easily. Watch out for their instructions though. They are not hte best. Read their website through and through. I'm an electrical engineer and they're instructions or lack there of (hard to find) still got me confused. Also, double check that board before soldering since the traces come off the board very easily, so pulling components without a desoldering iron even once can be pushing it. You can get a $15 desoldering iron(heated iron with a little vacume pump built in) from circuit specialties that I found helpfull.

I finished putting together my meter today. Everything looks like it is working correctly now. Haven't installed on the car yet, but tested according to their procedures. I did run into 2 problems. One was misreading the display construction guide and forgetting one resistor, so the display was always stuck at one value. The other was a pcb manufacturing defect that shorted a pin to ground on the board. This was a little tougher to find, luckily my work has microscopes. Cut the short out of the pcb and it all works now.

The quality of their pcb manufacturing is not the greatest, but I guess it works.

You are right, MS only uses narrowband. So I will log AFR's and then update my VE table manually to get the desired mixture. The trick part would be telling the computer what AFR you want at what points on your VE table and then have it adjust fuel all the time to meet these. I guess UMS will be that way.