HybridZ

Who knows intakes?

Guest 240ZDriver

I don't have the answer to your question, but have one of my own. bonk.gif

I have a Weiand xcellerator single plane intake. I bought it before Holley took over several years ago. I would like to build the z engine with a single plane but I am not sure if I should buy a new one. Only save ~$150 by using the old intake. This one had an RPM range of 2500-6500 IIRC. I would like to run a set of AFR 195cc heads, 9.5:1 comp and the magnum 292H cam. The cam has the same RPM range. Think there are any advantages to other single plane intakes?? The runners seem to be more straight on this intake than the victor jr. I notice the victor jr has range starting at 3800. Thats a little high for what I intend. 2500 willl work good.

I have not run an Accelerator, but I have used the Torker II. It made no more power than the dual plane 8004 it replaced by my butt-o-meter. It reduced some low speed output I thought, but gained nothing on top. I replaced mine with a GM high rise dual plane (67-69 Z/28)Either of the little single planes will be useable for a street car with a cam in the 220-230 degrees of duration, but I think you will have better luck with an Edelbrock Performer RPM. If you really NEED the added plenum volume/flow of a single plane intake, I would just get a Victor Jr. I would like to make a good recommendation for your motor, but really need more specs. Making some assumptions, 355 ci, 9.5:1 compresion, 230 @.050 cam with .480 lift I would buy the Performer RPM and a 750 double pumper.