HybridZ

anybody bought new pintle caps for dsm injectors?

mobythevan

Apparently this is not a part you can get at NAPA, autozone, etc. I didn't check at the dealer yet but thought someone may have found a source online. I am too lazy to run across town to the dealerships. I searched and came up with several injector shops like RC engineering that should sell them.

Also, what is the function of the pintle cap? Does it just affect the spray pattern? Do all injectors use them? I always have the simple questions. :?

The pintle cap does not affect the spray patern. It is just there to protect the fragile pintle itself. I use GM injectors with the pintle caps removed. I just have to be very carefull when Iplace them in the manifold. I have made a injector tester myself. Just an old fuelpump regulator and a switch. This way I have tested the injectors and checked for equal flow. So I know that the spray patern is a nice 30 degree cone shape even without the pintle caps.

The caps are also important for sealing the injectors to the manifold. I am using the stock rubber rings that sit inside the manifold pocket and just placed the injectors in them. The sides don't seal well agains the injector but the rubber rings are firmly pressing against the injector body itself, so no air leakage.

Am I making any sence??? Sometimes its hard for me to judge if my posts are getting my point across. Because I am not speaking/typing English as my first language. I do try to keep a dutch/english dictionary handy when I am posting messages though.

That makes sense. I will make sure I have the proper O-ring and seals.

I have a couple injectors I have been examining and it didn't seem like te pintle cap had much of a function. On some injectors it looks like it holds the O-ring in place.

I ordered my pintle caps through RC Engineering for a $1.25 ea. Xander is right, the caps are only there for protection, but with the Z they are for sealing also. I cut the o-ring and old cap off of my Accel injectors, the new cap just snaps right on. Should be the same procedure with the DSM injectors.

Aaron