HybridZ

Mounting fan on intercooler?

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

Hi, my NPR intercooler installed on my 83 ZXT is only 1 3/4" in front of the a/c radiator. Since all the elec. fans I've seen are at least 2.05 wide, that's too large for sandwiching inbetween the two. So, if it has to go in front of the intercooler, is there any benefit to having it run all of the time, so that more air is brought to the I/C?

Thanks

John

i read this somewhere and thought it made alot of sence. IC's dont operate as a air cooler, but more as a heat sink for the hot air to be relieved in. I think a good way of looking at getting cooler air, isnt by bringing cool air into the IC, but rather taking heat off and out of it. So, fans on an IC prolly isnt your best bet for cooling her down. Water or C02 sprayers, a bigger IC, and something maybe like alcohol injection would all be far more effective, but pricey. Good Luck buddy.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Most likely if you have a pusher fan on there running all of the time you are actually going to be impeding the airflow at speeds above 40MPH or so.

I would imagine that you shouldnt have much trouble because when you need the intercooler to be working the most, you are moving at a good speed with quite a bit of airflow coming through the intercooler.