HybridZ

NO SPARK !?

evildky

a lil different from other no spark posts, my car was running great, drove it all day yesterday, (it's a 240 with the L28ET) last night I added an Adjustable FRP, it was running awsome, the increased fuel pressure really helped with the off idle hesitation I was getting, anyhow, I went for a lil test run late last night, and it sputtered and died, I thought I was rich, even though my A/F guage shows a bit lean, plugs were fuel fouled, cleaned replaced still would not run, I have no spark,

I checked for positive at the coil and it is hot, not only that but I noticed that the coil shows hot on both poles with the key in the run position, is this right ? could I have killed my ignitor ? I was thinking of trying to install my MSD box, is the trigger wire from the ECU a pulse ground ? so maybe I could hook it up to the white on the msd box ?

I am pulling my hair out any help appreeciated

So you just swapped the old distributor with a new one and it fired up? I'm having the same type of problem right now. Car ran fine then just died and I couldn't get it to fire. I suspected it might be the distributor or crank angle sensor cause it's probably the only thing I didn't test. Is there any wat to tet the CAS?

I know of no way to test them, I was suspecting the ignitor, a local bud with an 82 zxt said the dist was kinda a typical problem, he brought over a coupla dist's and ignitor's we replaced the ignitor, and nothing happened, so we went to the dist, fired right up, if you can find one cheap or borrow one it's worth a try

one thing I did notice when replacing it was with the key in and in the run position, pull the dist out and rotate the rotor button, might weant to disconnect the coil first, but you can hear the injectors click as you rotate the rotor button, the old dist wasn't making anything click, so that might be a way to test it ?