HybridZ

Will this turbo be good for my application

Guest hgray14

Guest hgray14

I have a '72 240z and will be transplanting an '82 280zxt into it. I will be using an SDS system and external pop off valve and an NPR intercooler. What do you think of this turbo? What is the most you would pay for it?

thanks for your input.

Houston

<<<<<GARRETT T4/T3 turbocharger.

High performance hybrid turbocharger.

SPECIFICATIONS:

-Turbine: "p" trim, 2.296" exducer, 1.32 A/R, Standard T4 flange, divided tang, V-Clamp outlet

-Oil cooled center section

-Compressor: "45" trim, A/R 0.42, 2¼" inlet

CONDITION:

-Blaast Performance refurbished. Never used since.

-Very clean turbo

-Spins freely with no scratching noise

-Shaft play measured to only 0.012", which is indicative of low bearing wear.>>>>>

Guest hgray14

My appologies for the post; I am sure you get those questions all the time and would rather for people to just do their own research and figure it out themselves. I have the 'Maximum Boost' book but it was at home; I was at work and this turbo was about to sell on ebay. It ended up selling for $142, which seems like a pretty good deal but since I wasn't sure if it would work for me I didn't buy.

I will do my research ahead of time next time.

Houston

I think they took a T3 compressor and used a t4 hot side. It says P trim but 2.296" is an O trim. 1.32 a/r is way to big. The only compressor trim that I know of that is a 45, which it sounds like it could be with a small 2 1/4" inlet. This is smaller than the stock T3. I would pay $50 as the turbine wheel and cartridge could be reused. But then you'll need to scrounge the rest. You will also need an external WG with it.

I have a '72 240z and will be transplanting an '82 280zxt into it. I will be using an SDS system and external pop off valve and an NPR intercooler. What do you think of this turbo? What is the most you would pay for it?

thanks for your input.

Houston

<<<<<GARRETT T4/T3 turbocharger.

High performance hybrid turbocharger.

SPECIFICATIONS:

-Turbine: "p" trim' date=' 2.296" exducer, 1.32 A/R, Standard T4 flange, divided tang, V-Clamp outlet

-Oil cooled center section

-Compressor: "45" trim, A/R 0.42, 2¼" inlet

CONDITION:

-Blaast Performance refurbished. Never used since.

-Very clean turbo

-Spins freely with no scratching noise

-Shaft play measured to only 0.012", which is indicative of low bearing wear.>>>>>[/quote']

Guest hgray14

Thanks for the reply. I am sure glad I didn't buy it. I am re-reading "Maximum Boost" but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info about how to identify what someone is taking about when they place an ad like that. I know that I need a T03/T04 and can look up what kind of A/R I want in the turbine and the compressor sides but the rest of it is a little complicated. How do I know what flange will work for me and what is the difference between p trim and O trim?

thanks for your help.

Houston

Mother Faucker I hate this new board. Every 5 minutes I have to re login and loose what I typed. Here I go again.

O and P trims are T4 turbines, P being larger. If you want to stay bolt on and not run an external WG you need to stay with the T3 hotside. I would run a stg 3 or 5 wheel also.