HybridZ

opinions please

TomsCoupe

Ok, well, its time for paint. At first i wanted to paint the whole car the same color(under, over inside, ect.) but then i thought, "What if i wasnt to paint it a different color later...maybe i should paint the underside, inside and under the hood flat black and then do the outside of the body the color i want". The second option would allow me to pull the engine easy if needs without wasting a lot of money on repaint if i nick something.

So, what do you guys think...everything or just the outside of the body??

that's one of the reasons i've changed my ways and decided to go with everything else being black. the underside and engine bays in all my z cars are getting painted black, with the exterior being my color of choice (silver for one car, honda blue for another, gunmetal gray for yet another...). not only does it allow for other choices in color to be an easier endeavor at a later time, i also feel it sets those other areas apart a little. i personally think my engine bay looks much better in black than it did in silver. it makes the engine stand out more, as well as making the suspension more of a focal point on the underside of the car. just my 2 cents...

YEah, those are some good points. Im going to do it that way. Im just not sure if the color that i chose is going to look so nice on the Z. its a weird color i saw at a custom shop one day. I guess i will know when im done.

thanks

tom