HybridZ

Stolen 280ZX update - testimonials urgently required!

Hello, update on my stolen 280ZX....thanks for the many inquiring emails......it was spotted about one hour away from us twice after it's theft (one lead was due to paper ad placed/thanks IZCC member, you know who!) but cops never got 'em till it was done.

Some 4 weeks after it's theft Jan. 21st it was in a horrid crash:

-100yds plus of 4 black stripes, then,

-concrete barrier shattered

-flew 40 yards/landed

-lit up due to ruptured gas tank

-cop risked life to save driver by pulling him out of hatch window

-driver fate unknown, cops have not updated me, driver did have broken leg/broken arm, severe burns to 80% of his body.

-car did extremely well considering what it went thru, one rear spindle sheared right through, all stub axles/hubs/wheel adaptors (both bolt on and slipon) remained bolted up perfect to wheels, one wheel went half to paper-like remains due to heat of fire. Chassis essentially complete with front right corner wheel well crumpled (same side header looked like flat pancake stainless!).

Provincial insurance company came to a ridiculous settlement at their 'desk jockey' level, I'm proceeding with arbitration on good advice and my great representative has urged me to seek 'testimonials'.

Essentially he wants email notes from any and all who've ridden (their are many of you), or are relatively familiar with my car's buildup/quality performance etc. notes such as " I'd gone to this level of effort/cost for these modifications (expand if you can) on my car and know it was on par (or not yet, or .. ) at the level of Ross Corrigan's 280ZX fully modified car. You can get into as little or as much detail as you'd like. Feel free to tie in Modern Motorsports if you like as I've taken many customers on rides or sent pictures to aid their understanding of our system/packages and I've tied in this link with my claim. This is NOT limited to 280ZX's alone, 510's, Z's etc are all welcome respondents as this is a Datsun/Nissan issue. We've got one example of a modified 510 that went for 19k US not modified to the extent of my 280ZX etc..

In a nutshell I've found examples of fully modified Z cars that have sold and/or been appraised at 20-25kUS, and other examples of some partially modified (even parts cars/non-assembled) that had major system upgrades remaining (ie. brakes/suspension/interior/paint) that have sold for 10-15k US. My claim is essentially about proving these cars have value and adding to my examples I have already. The 'other' arbitrator just needs additional examples to help raise my final award to justify his position and aid my representative holding out.

Any submissions you send to me are in complete confidence, will not be passed on to anyone but my representative. (thanks to those who's data I already have!)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!! Please reply DIRECT TO ME, timeframe I need them ASAP (within a couple days ideally/late is better than none if that's the only option)

Other very useful tips I'd love hearing are of any other Z's, 510's, ZX's etc that you're aware of with reasonably attached value in ranges noted above. Sales/ads/trades etc.

Thanks!

Ross C

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I'll let you know what mine gets appraised at as soon as I finally get an appraisal. Sorry to hear about the ending.

ross...

i was hoping to hear a happy ending on this. very sorry to hear about how it turned out. :cry:

i'd be happy to send along info on my car, but it has had nowhere near as much work done to it as yours did. but if you're looking to pass along a baseline, i'd be happy to help...bob

ross...

i was hoping to hear a happy ending on this. very sorry to hear about how it turned out. :cry:

i'd be happy to send along info on my car' date=' but it has had nowhere near as much work done to it as yours did. but if you're looking to pass along a baseline, i'd be happy to help...bob[/quote']

Al, yup I've still got yours standing strong. z-REX, it's not that yours has to be the same at all, these aren't detailed matchups at all. In your case, commenting what you've done generally for mods/$'s and your opinion on my own car would be great. Noones being taken to task at all, just a collection of testimonials.

One's in already this morning, thanks!

Guest BigWhyteDude

Man im sorry to hear about your car, though im not so sorry to hear about the driver . I hope you get every penny that your car is worth to you. Good luck with the battle.

Andrew

Guest bobs302z

hey Ross...I would love to help ..since i have seen your car ..I just insured mine for 18000 value under the modifed nameplate .. is that in the range you are looking at.. let me know And i will be glad to send it in .. When you get it settled I would love the info it would be good for me if the unfortunant happens to me as well..

Ross, I figure you can sue the guy for trashing your car, yes? I know insurance is supposed to cover it, but that guy should pay more!!! Not to mention some serious jail time. Grand theft auto, reckless driving, etc. Let us know what happens. I seriously hope he gets it BIGTIME.

Davy