HybridZ

r230 flange+ front mounting scheme q's

fl327

Hey, been on the fence for this one for quite some time. I know I dont have super high hp and tq numbers (300hp and 350+ft @rw with 1.8 60'), but im also relentless and pretty hard on rear suspensions, which will not change soon and plan to have lots of traction. (our sucess with the typhoon has helped alot with that decision) Ive been researching and think its worth my while to go with the r230 vs. looking for the 87-9 diff (still leaves with a cv conversion and costs just about the same to convert without the glory of 9+ inches of r and p) and it looks like the full install with the chunky cv shafts comes just under the quaife lsd pack (1200.00+ before install). I have the diff and a set of axles (will be needing another set shortly) and have some questions about the pinion flange and the front mounting schemes. Heres the kicker and ultimate reason i would like to use the diff, this R230 has a KAAZ clutch pack installed :D

Wondering what you guys have done with the pinion flange, does it swap out with earlier year pinion flanges? I love the way the 300zxtt flange is mounted (allen head bolts like 50 of them) but know that it would be extremely difficult to source a new flange or have one made, and dont want to really use it since it uses a cv shaft at the end vs. a ujoint ( making replacement dang near impossible).

I have seen the adapter flange I think Tim240z posted it? The pn# would be great, think it uses a 1310 u joint, that would be awesome as well.

I also would love to see what type of front mount scheme is used to bolt this puppy in. I have the stock tt x member and most of the rear suspension besides the diff, would use some of that stuff as well, or use parts of the zxtt xmember to make a mount for the front. Wondering if you guys are making a mount that ties into the rubber strap mounting holes or off the diff x member, the rear x member i know ill have to make custom or use that aluminum lsd brace. I did try to search and not much stuff came up about the mount or the flange adaptor, even though I do remember seeing something about that in a past thread.

Any help would be great, and yes i know for under 400hp it might be overkill, but sometimes, Overkill is the only kill...

I used the holes that the OEM setup used for the strap to mount my front diff mount.

I posted the part numbers for the driveshaft U-joint and flange under it's own heading. I'll see if I can find it, but I posted it that way to make searching for it easier, so give it a shot.

Tim

Here it is:

http://www.hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=27834&highlight=r230+flange+part+numbers

the q45 flange is way different from the tt, the tt uses ALOT of allen bolts threaded into the flange. Im going to try to put my stock flange on, think I might have to machine the hole bigger, hope not though. thanx.