HybridZ

Anybody using the PDK fabrication front strut brace ...???

On a JTR SBC install?? It looks like it's a pretty strudy setup and I need to do some strengthening before I transplant the 400hp motor I'm getting. I just wanted to see if anybody has this setup and if there was any modification needed to do it.

Also, do you think the front and rear strut brace would be enough to reduce the body flex with a 400hp motor or should I add something else. The car will mostly be used as a weekened/show car with only a little light to light action every once in a while...... TIA guys

Marcus

I actually had emailed PDK yesterday regarding this very question, but specifically for an LT1 swap.

To our knowledge there is no problem with the fit. As long as you have a straight shot from shock tower to shock tower. If you have a photo you can send us of the engine in place we can tell a little easier.

I personally can't see any reason why it wouldn't fit with a V8 unless you have absurdly tall valve covers or breather filters that might interfere with the cross brace.

If anyone on this board has a good picture of a Z engine bay with the shock towers and thier position relative to the motor easily visible, please send it to PDK so they can have a look at it.

Well I am a biased opinion, and I assist PDK with their technical questions. The difficulty is that there are many installations of V8's in Datsuns...JTR being the most comon. It is difficult to say what will clear and what won't unless we can confirm measurements directly on your Z. We are not so concerned with the bars from the strut tower down to the swaybar mount (like some turbo L6's) or the bars back to the firewall. Our main concern has been the cross bar that goes between the strut towers due to your choice of intake manifold, carb. or FI set up and how far back you have pushed your motor towards the firewall.

I think that the solution here is to look at these photos: I do have measurements of an installation that you can use as a reference attached in my gallery. there are several detail shots of an installation that will give you an idea of what clearance you will have.

Let me know if this helps.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?thumb=1&cat=500&si=&perpage=12&sort=3&stype=&ppuser=932

932strutbar12.JPG