HybridZ

Hooking up Greddy Profec on a Dual port wastegate actuator..

240hoke

Ok guys,

I finshed installing my Boost controller. And im having this probelm: The boost continues to slowly rise. I tried lowering the gain value but nothing changes.

Im curious if i have the valve hooked up right. Since im using a dual port wastegate actuator there werent any instructions in the book. I hooked it up like the external wastegate drawing.

I ran a "T" off the turbo housing to the back port on the actuator and to the boost control valve (NC port). Then i ran a line out of the "COM" port on the boost control valve to the front port on the actuator.

I dunno any ideas?

-Austin

Ok you got me confused on that one

can you explain "the overshoot setting of the dipswitches" never heard of it.

My dual port wastegate actuator is just like a regular actuator for an internal wastegate, except that it has a vaccum port on both sides of the diaphram.

What im trying to do is have a boost signal on both sides of the diaphram when under boost and then when the desired boost level is achieved for the boost controll valve to open the front port of the actuator essentially sucking it open.

I dunno everything seems to be set up correctly. Would the tension on the actuator rod have an effect on how it operates? Im thinking it may be setup up too tight.

I dunno i need to get out and mess with it some more.

-Austin

Oh my bad. So it is an internal wastegate still? Use the regular internal wastegate (actuator) setup then. What I meant about the overshoot settings was that Trust has a dipswitch setting on the side of the Profec to compensate for boost that continues to rise (overshoot). However, I think it's because your settings are for the external wastegate. Switch them to the internal actuator one and I'm certain your problem will be solved. What spring tension is the actuator set to open at btw with the controller off? Also are you using a ProfecB? I'm using one and that's what I'm basing my suggestion off of.

John 82ZXT

thanks for the replies

im using the ProfecB-spec II. It has a feature called gain to compensate for falling boost or rising boost. I can hook it up just like a normal internal wastgate by using the "NO" port but that gives a boost signal to the wastegate when the desired setting is reached. I just want it opened to atmosphere.

-Austin

240hoke, I too have a dual port wastegate that had the same symptoms. I use a Blitz TypeR boost controller and the boost seemed to rise extremely slow. I switched back to the single port wastegate and it worked fine. In theory the dual port unit is suppose to give you better boost response. I'd like to switch back if I could ever figure out what was causing the problem.

Yeah thats basically the what my actuator loooks like. Its a turbonetics unit.

yo2001. Im pretty confident that the boost signal would go to the back port (the one away from the wastegate) because it is that signal which has to push the diaphram forward --- correct?

i wanna get this thing figured out! Im goingto play with it sommore right now. need boost!!!!!!!!!

-Austin

yo2001. Im pretty confident that the boost signal would go to the back port (the one away from the wastegate) because it is that signal which has to push the diaphram forward --- correct?

i wanna get this thing figured out! Im goingto play with it sommore right now. need boost!!!!!!!!!

-Austin

I think you are right. I'm thinking like the WG is external setup but on dualport internal it's opposite. here is some diagrams I found.

Single port

evc-iv03.jpg

dual port

evc-ez04.gif

external

evc-iv05.gif

great pics yo,

thats appears to be how ive got mine setup, im not sure what the 3rd line going into the boost controller is but i think ive got it setup right.

Anyhow its been raining all day so.... i found a 3.7 r200 in a junkyard and am in the process of swapping it out tonight for my original 3.36 r180. Should be fun but anyway it'll be tomarrow before i get the car out and find some more info on the BC setup