HybridZ

Can someone tell me what pin this is? Turbo ECU

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Okay, my turbo ECU is mounted on my drivers side kick panel, with the plug/ports facing towards the back of the car. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what this certain pin in one of the connectors is. It's the pin at the bottom, on the right side, of the MIDDLE of the three connectors.

Just wondering what that pin is for... for some reason this one pin is the one that likes to get corroded all the time. Been meaning to stop by auto zone and get some dielectric grease to slow or stop this from happening. Anyways, everytime I unplug the ECU this is the only pin that is corroded, and I'm wondering why. Being as it's the only one it's the one I believe causes my odd running problems that always seem to go away after cleaning the connectors.

If it matters at all, I dont really have any corrosion anywhere else in the electrical system that I can see. Battery terminals are clean, and when I disconnect the whole wiring harness and check/clean everything I dont see any other green stuff built up. There is a ground wire that has some corrosion but after I cleaned it off it doesn't seem to build up any more.

Anyways, just wondering.

If it's pin 11 (it has a number on the plug) with a green wire coming out of it, in my 82 & 83zxt FSM's, it goes to a plug that says "not used" Since i don't have a '81FSM so i can't be 100% sure it's not used in you application. Sorry i dont have a definite answer for you.

Guest bastaad525

yeah I figure this ones gotta be used for something. I wasn't looking for a number on it. Depending on which way you look at the ECU, it's either the first pin (top left) or last pin (bottom right) of the middle plug.

It must be used for something.... I mean it corrodes rapidly, I figure there's gotta be power going thru it for it to be doing that.

Guest bastaad525

well it's not the knock sensor as I'm not running that. So it's either the 'main harness' wire or the CAS wire.

I'll check the color tonight before I go to work. I'm kinda confused though... 'main harness'? that doesnt' really indicate what that wire goes to. Is it for power source or does it get/send a signal from somewhere specific?

Guest bastaad525

fl327 - um... okay it's none of those... it's a solid green wire. You were giving details for the wires at all four corners of the middle of the three plugs that go into the ECU right?

My wiring diagrams show no green wire from the middle connector from the corners. I am looking at the middle connector right now. Thee are green striped wires in the middle connector but they are nowhere near he corners. Only solid green I am seeing now goes to a connector that does not get used.

Guest bastaad525

odd... man I dont want to trace this thing down....

I dont think anyone messed with the wiring or changed anything around. I figure that wire must be getting current or connected to something as it keeps corroding....