HybridZ

hybrid turbo help!

does anyone have pictures of installing a hybrid turbo?? when i put mine on yesterday i had some major clearance issues around the exhaust manifold and intake manifold, i also had to rotate the compressor 90 degrees otherwise it was pointing straight up into the intake. any help or advice is appreciated

sounds like your using a t4e/t3. You may have to get a small spacer to clear the manifold. get some washers and see how much of a spacer you need. If it is really close to fitting Ive heard of somebody grinding the exhaust manifold to clear the compressor. You should be able to clock the turbo closer to stock position as well once you get the turbo on the exhaust manifold..

I'm doing the same hybrid right now too.Ive made a 3/16" spacer and will also grind some off the exhaust manifold.Is yours also hitting the intake?I had to rotate the compressor and the center section to get things configuered right.Now I also have to install longer studs.Did you stick with an internal waste gate?I had to hack the mount bracket and reweld it along with changing the angle of the arm off the gate.I didnt know it was going to take this much modifying to get it to fit right.Oh well I think ive got it ready to go now just need the longer studs.....What other mods are you doing along with the turbo?I'm going with a Wolf 3D ems,60mm TB,440cc injectors,custom D/P huge I/C with 2.5" plumbing and a Turbo-X bov. good luck and let me know how it all works out

I just finished grinding the exhaust manifold to fit the E sized turbo and it looks like I took a strong 1/8" of stock out and with a 3/16 spacer,I'm left with a shy 1/8" clearance.Since you have to install longer studs anyway,I would go with a 3/8" spacer and dont grind anything.There are some company's seeling turbo exhaust flanges used to make a turbo header that might work well as a spacer.