HybridZ

Project: ultimate go-kart

zero

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this summer a couple of buddies and I want to try to build something to kill ourselves with, as most of our cars are not yet completed. The plan so far is to somehow acquire a wrecked motorcycle, preferably somehthing like a 600cc sportbike, and design and build a 2 or 3 seat gokart around it. We plan to retain the sequential transmission from it, using a simple lever or maybe rigging a paddle shift and mounting the clutch either on the wheel, or building a pedal. For brakes, we may attempt to mount the front disc or discs in the rear, and try to get something up front, though front brakes would complicate things considerably. Tires and wheels will probably be proper racing go kart peices, as the goal is 100 mph. I will be custom welding this frame together, and doing the bulk of the fabrication work. If anyone has any sources for good wrecked motorcycles then that would be great, thanks alot and I will keep you guys posted about our progress.

i saw a video of some guys with a gsx-r 600 motor on a one seater go kart.

he couldn't keep the tires from smoking....haha

he had a shifter rigged near the steering wheel.

probably the sickest thing i've ever seen in my life.

good luck, as i have no idea how to do something like this.!!!