HybridZ

Thinking about getting an PDK brace

The installation is a little involved. But not too bad. The most involved portion is the mount to the sway bar.

I am more than happy to help you with your installation. You can look at my gallery:http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1184&password=&sort=7&thecat=500

932ZCAR.jpg

Just as an FYI, there is no adjustment for the strut brace, so if your strut braces are off even an 1/8" from what they measered from you will have to slot the bolt holes. That is what I had to do for both the fronts and rears. I also had to grind down some of the lip on the plates so the hood would close. Other than that I liked the setup.

You are right. Yhe picture in rc's240z's post did not show it. I did talk to them a while back explaining the pros and cons of their setup. Nice to see they did something about it. Are the rears adjustable as well? They have a criscross setup and it would seem a little harder to do.

The rears are not adjustable. but we dont see the discrepancy in the rear like what we have seen in the front.

It is critical that crossbar is easy to disconnect and swing up so that the valve cover can be removed. We have seen up to 1" of difference due to 30+ year old cars on the front strut towers. We went to adjusters for the front cross bar about 6 months ago and all current units are shipped with this adjuster.

The photo you see above is of our prototype.

I see these bars used often. A simple question is does the front really torque and move that much? I put one on the rear and not sure I noticed a change. Seems to me the front has the cross member taking the bulk of the engine loads until u lift the front end?

I must be missing something since all the pics I see show an in line 6 yet I have never seen one used with a V8 conversion

Sorry for a basic question.