HybridZ

Fuel caps

Z-TARD

Starting to make minimal progress on my Z's bodywork. After much deliberation, finally decided to cut a giant hole behind the quarter windows with a dremel roto zip tool for my new Sparco fuel caps. It looks crooked in the picture, but I swear it was marked with a level, and re-checked several times and IS level. I have another one for the passenger side as well, should make stopping for gas easier anyway. Flame away at my ricey fuel caps guys :D

Mike

normal_blingbling%20fuel%

Nice looking cap. I know what you mean about "appearing level". Many times in the course of making a modification one will find "level and plumb" does not appear to be such from a strictly visual perspective. The curves and shape of the car skew angles to give the illusion angles are not what they are. And many times, the viewpoint or position one is viewing the car from changes the angles as well. None-the-less, the cap looks good.

No flame here, I like it.

Know what you mean about the level. I ran into the same deal with my cap. In the end I just adjusted it several times and looked at it from every angle untill I was satisfied. Even so at some angles it still looks cockeyed.

I like it alot, as well. On my application I believe that I would have followed the lines of the car (sail panel) when orienting the cap 'face'. I was planning on grafting a sportbike gas cap and mount where my stocker was; but, your cap looks REAL nice. What type of mount does it require, where did you get the parts, and what was the cost, please?

Heres a link to some on Ebay:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2452370445&category=42611&sspagename=WD1V They also require a seperate spun aluminum funnel that goes on the inside of the car, those are another $20 each if I remember correctly. So not exactly a cheap option, but I really wanted to add some aviation styling to my car along with getting rid of the vent hole behind the quarter window. I used a dremel with a roto zip blade to cut the hole in the sheetmetal, it required a 4" hole (aprox) on the exterior, and another 5" hole through the interior sheetmetal to allow access to the nuts on the inboard side. I'm still working on a way to connect them to my 16 gallon fuel cell, which is mounted where the spare tire well used to be. If I had it to do over again I'd make a side mounted tank like Dans car and run the exhaust through the center, that setup is way too cool. Glad you guys approve of the caps.

Mike