HybridZ

tell me how much my v8z is worth

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I need some professional opinions. I just spent a week in mexico working in an orphanage and now I want to sell my car to pay my bills and move there to help build a new orphanage.

I have a 72 240Z with a stock 350 out of a early 70's camaro. It has a stock rochester 4 barrel carb, electric fan, new radiator, 700r4 tranny with b&m comp shifter. auto meter mechanical guages, roll cage, (just hoop over head) new floor pan, with re-enforced tubing supporting the floor-crossmember. motorsport body kit (air dam, side skirts, and rear fiberglss bumper) Shaved handel kit and all the trim holes were filled (it looks really clean) I did all the body work, so its not perfect it looks pretty good but when you really stare at it some imperfections appear. NEEDS SUSPENSION TO BE SET UP. (really soft and worn out right now) I didn't want to spend 1,000 bucks making it something someone else might not prefer. So i'd like to sell it as is. This is a long post sorry!

All comments appreciated. I'll try to post a pic.

Jeff

Guest livewire23

its worth all the money i've got to me, but seeing as how you're going to go build an orphanage, you should probably get real money for it :( sounds like a nice car though. too bad i dont have a bit more $$$

post some pictures...I am working on selling my current car and shouldent be too long before it is gone. I am looking to buy a Z just like yours. One with a SBC already in it and thats about it cause I want to pick the rest of the parts myself...once people see what it looks like they can tell ya what it will go for.

Guest Anonymous

I will post a pic tomorrow. I am in Northern CA.... The color if your wondering is off a viper and it is sky blue metallic ('98 I think) An awesome color it fades from silver to blue to violet (natuarlly without peral). It has toyota a panasonics new touch face cd player with 2 kicker comp 8" subs, and 2) 4 1/2", A fozgate 90X4 runs the system. (bridged 180 both ways)

Custom speaker box so it doesn't take up the whole back tucks behind the strut tower in the far back. New interior carpet (black). two toned back and white interior looks realy good! The more I think about it the more I remember I did. anyway look for pic tomorrow.

Jeff

Guest Anonymous

can you send me some pics? preferably of all the body work you did. Did it have any rust when you filled it or was it a rust free body. If it was a rust free or nearly rust free body please email me the pics and details, I'm really interested is it drivable now? where I could drive it back from CA? thanks for the info. Sean

ellobo97@hotmail.com

405-226-9009

Guest Anonymous

Jeff no disrespect intended but unless you find a very motivated buyer and mass market the car, your hybrid z car is worth about 60 % less than what you put into it. (and do not count your labor either)Very few people realize any profit on the hybrids unless the car is totally exceptional and then one might break even.

Pretty car. Very clean looking set up! Sounds like an excellent daily dirver.

You didn't say whether the engine was in the JTR, MSA or Scarab position. Also the question about rust makes a huge difference (in my mind anyway) about price. Good call leaving the suspension as is. This is something even a beginning mechanic can do for themselves on weekends. You have done all the hard stuff... V8 and paint.

Wish I could give you a price but kind of hard from just one pic.

Guest Anonymous

The rust on the body was primarely in two places....you guessed it the drivers side rear wheel well and the passenger floor pan. My father was helping me with the body work and got all upset because someone told me the best way to get rid of rust was to cut it out... so I went to town with a grinder until There was no rust... then I (I was living with a welder at the time) my roomate welded new metal in... SO the rust WILL NEVER COME BACK THERE!! smile.gif those were the only spots... Also the engine was converted in the JTR position, (with HEI)... the front was slotted so it could be adjusted about 1 1/2" (in theory) if someone wanted to go with a conventional coil and slide it back a little further. but the HEI is about 1/2" from the fireall, then the firewall was bent in to allow more clearance, as well as the hood latch relocated.

Jeff

Well, you didn't offend me.... I just realize (well my wife realizes twak.gif ) I'm not in a postion to purchase yet another car at this time. About another six months fmad.gif Sorry.