HybridZ

Good deal?

philiow313

Since I totalled my Z, I'm looking for a new car.

My buddies brother has a 72 510 2dr for sale, with a recently rebuilt motor, not sure which one. It's ready for paint and has little to no rust, and has black painted stock rims with a chrome/polished lip, and it's really low. I haven't seen it yet, but my friend tells me it's "dumped." The interior is all good, and a new windshield seal went in it today.

He wants $2800 for it.

Is this a good deal? Should I try to talk him down a bit?

Guest bastaad525

If the car is in good shape it's a good deal. 510's seem to be getting rare, at least where I live. I'd say they should price comparably to a similiar year and condition 240z... it better be in pretty nice shape for $2800... straight body at least, clean interior. I'd probably buy it, but I'd get him down to $2500.

I haven't seen it yet...

Try not to make any agreements before actually seeing the car. I have had friends give me leads on "clean" cars around here, but when I went to look at them, they are more suited for parts cars. Sometimes, your friends see things differently than you would.

!M!