HybridZ

Lets see how smart you guys are...

utvolman99

Okay, I just read the assumptions you made in a later post. If you assume that you never choose the empty door first, and that the donkey does not exist, you will indeed have a 66% chance of being correct when switching.

My issue lies in the fact that your ORIGINAL post was flawed. I'd have done away with the donkey entirely, if I were you. Either that, or said that you were shown either an empty door or a donkey door at the end of round one.

Sorry to be so dense. This was a drain...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a search on Yahoo using the words donkey' date=' door and switch. I figured that I would be able find something out there. Sure enough here is a link to the very same problem. Only difference is that the door with the donkey is opened in this one as opposed to the empty door. Here is the link for all you nay sayers. :)

http://www.metamath.com/webstat/b2.rules/dealdiag.html

I suppose though that someone will reply and say once again that its a fifty fifty chance! :roll::-D[/quote']

Whew. Now there is one web search combination of words that I would be scared to death to try. Get any other interesting hits?

My issue lies in the fact that your ORIGINAL post was flawed. I'd have done away with the donkey entirely' date=' if I were you. Either that, or said that you were shown either an empty door or a donkey door at the end of round one.

Sorry to be so dense. This was a drain...[/quote']

No, my original post was not flawed. It said that you picked a door and the host opened an empty door. Since the empty door was opened for you there is no way you could have chosen the empty door.

Guest 502ZX

Ok, I retract my original posting....Sometimes I think there should be a 60 second post delay on my computer as I seem to have the uncanny ability of typing quicker than I think LOL.

After reading an earlier post form Dan it became clear to me, I needed to wrap my head around the idea that it is not necessarily which door the prize is behind but which doors it is most likely NOT behind. In this scenario the initial pick you make is most likely WRONG (1 out of 3) and then having been revealed a definitely empty door by the host, the switch door would most likely not be the wrong door.

I quess I just had to look at it in reverse, as in most things in my life...

Great mind puzzle, maybe I'll post some Faster Than Light Speed conundrums later....