HybridZ

Need help confirming set up.

namz7791

I received my Holley red pump and adjustable fuel regulator from Summit and am getting ready to install. I have a 77 280 Z 2+2 with a slightly warmed Chevy 350 ready to install and am running an Edelbrock 1406 Carb.

The way I understood the tech at Summit was that the red pump does not need a fuel return line to the tank. So I install the pump with a fuel filter between it and the tank and then attach to the Z fuel hard line. Then from the hard line in the engine compartment install another fuel filter and then the regulator as close to the carb as possible. The fuel return line and the vent line in the engine compartment can be capped off (no emission check so no charcoal canister). The tank will still be adequately vented from the vents on the tank in the rear (stock tank).

Can some one confirm that I am understanding this correctly or if I am digging myself into a mager messup.

Thanks ahead of time! (I did search this particular forum and actually skimmed thru all 40 pages but didn't seem to find exactly what I needed and the JTR manual doesn't cover it completely. :) )